The Third Edition of Sound Systems: Design and Optimization is almost an entirely new book. I learned so much between the time I wrote the earlier editions and this greatly expanded Third Edition.
With the second edition, I expanded a few parts and corrected some errors. However, between the time of the first and third books, the technology had developed tremendously. Digital audio transmission and loudspeaker technology improved by light years. By the time I wrote this third edition I had been collecting data for another ten years. It was important to me that I share all I had learned with my readers. Now in the third edition you will find
- 17 case studies and
- step-by-step “recipes” for tuning systems in various kinds of environments.
- vastly improved increased resolution and
- graphic content reorganized and easy to read.
I am so pleased with the electronic version of this book that I have decided to publish this Spanish Third Edition only as an eBook.
This book will help you:
- Improve your design and optimization decisions by understanding how audiences perceive reinforced sound
- Use modern analyzers and prediction programs to select speaker placement, equalization, delay and level settings based on how loudspeakers interact in the space
- Define speaker array configurations and design strategies that maximize the potential for spatial uniformity
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the tools and techniques required to generate a design that will create a successful transmission/reception model